Updated 1/13/2019: New to blogging? To all you frustrated, struggling, hard-working bloggers that just aren’t getting the traffic and conversions you need – know that this takes time. It CAN be done, though, and I am proof of that. If you’re a blogger with a new blog, there are a few truths to know. You’ll find a few new blogger tricks, too.
I turned my crickets and silent blog into one that is thriving with visitors, readers, and buyers. I went from 75 page views in my first month to 75,000 now. You CAN do this! Don’t give up.
My parents always told me to “pay yourself first”. If you apply that to your links, and direct your audience to your website first on social media rather than directly to Amazon, iTunes, and elsewhere, you’re going to have even more success that ever before.Kerrie Legend
…confessions from a fellow mom blogger.
Dear friend, hopeful with big dreams, spirit, and tons of words to share, I have some confessions to make that apply to me below, and impart to you some words of wisdom:
- Don’t lose faith.
- You’ll hear crickets.
- You’ll continue to hear crickets for a while. You may end up drinking a bit. Here, hold my vodka.
- Be a firm believer that there’s an audience for everyone. Just like there’s an audience for a specific type of book.
- You may have to spend some money. Gasp. I know.
- You may gain 15-20 pounds. (Coffee and Snack Packs should have zero calories?!)
- Keep blogging. Keep writing. Keep learning new blogger tricks.
- Update your website daily and make 5-10 improvements.
- Read 5-10 articles a day and actually implement the recommendations. Don’t have an “ah-ha” moment and set it down.
- Getting a mass amount of subscribers doesn’t mean all of them will buy from you. You will have to build trust with your audience, and prove to them you know what you’re talking about.
I have been there with you. I have started (and lost interest) in many blogs. But this one… this one is different. It’s personal. Helpful. It’s my passion. And perhaps you’ve found yours, too. But as a new blogger you may be frustrated by the crickets, the lack of traffic, and having no money coming in.
I was right there with you. I started over again, too. (I had a goat blog and just fizzled out – lost interest. Blah.) I get it. And that’s why I’ve put together so many different pieces of information in various formats (blog posts, Instagram pics with info, Pinterest pins, books, courses, etc.) so you have access to what really works. I’m here to share my discoveries with you – including the failures (so you don’t waste time).
Keep at it. Don’t lose hope or faith. You’ll find your tribe… it just may take some time. I know you have big dreams for your blog, but this is the reality of the “biz”. Know that I’m cheering for you to win. (PS – follow my blog because I often follow back and make comments!).
All my love, hopes and dreams,