Did you know that our brains process images 60,000 times faster than data? That’s way fast! Aaaaannnnddd… articles with relevant images get 94% more views.
So, if you think about that, you’ll realize that you really need to focus on your graphics for your blog so you can give your audience information, set a tone, convey emotion, etc.
If you’re not an expert in Photoshop, here’s my best advice: Create what you can. Buy what you can’t. Copy (not literally) what already works. Use your own flair to make it your own.
What’s great is that you have billions of images of images to choose from, and you can also take stock that you already own and make it look better. How do you make standard stock photos “better”?
- Use cool, modern fonts. I have a board on Pinterest that focuses solely on Fonts & Typography that you can refer to and get new ideas for your blog.
- Add quotes – don’t use generic ones, find some new ones!
- Create branding with borders, frames, icons, etc.
- Use overlays and actions to create a unique spin on a dull image.
- Use cutouts, circles and rectangles to frame up your images. Create layouts!
If you don’t know how to do these things, there are templates you can buy to get you started, and they’ll give you some instant flair for your website. You’ll be so successful with your blog if you focus on your visual image content!
[yikes-mailchimp form=”1″ title=”1″]