Are your emails boring or lack value?
Ouch. Low open rates are a hot topic for a lot of marketing gurus and experts. But they all say the same things as the reason for why that’s happening.
Newsflash. Your low open rate problem is not anything they tend to blame it on. It’s not your domain reputation or quality, the service you’re using, or the age of your email list. It’s just not. Sorry, nope.
One of the things I’ve prided myself in doing with the creation of The Story Your Email List Tells is to provide a unique, thoughtful approach to diagnosing and fixing the problem of low open rates. Because low open rates are not usually the things the other experts and gurus say, what is the problem then?
Well, just like all the other issues I talk about in the Challenges with Email Lists and Email Marketing, there are several things to consider, and I break those all down in what I believe the challenge you’re having truly is. Besides using the same cheaply-written $7 email funnel template that you’ll often see for sale online.
Questions to Contemplate About Your Low Email Open Rate
Let’s start this party with some beautiful questions, because I love asking the hard, beautiful questions to get your brain working.
- How are you writing in a challenge into your email subject headline?
- Are your reader call-outs too specific or still a bit vague?
- Do your alchemist skills do some heavy lifting when crafting an email, mixing in mystery, shock, humor, and intrigue?
Now, if any of this has you going, “What on earth is Kerrie talking about?” you need to invest in The Story Your Email List Tells, because we need to work on the essential email marketing skills, and knowing the context of these questions is essential for you to fix low open rates. [Too many words to teach you here, but you’ll learn it in this resource.]
What You Need to Know About Low Open Rates
There’s a few things you need to know about low open rates that you won’t learn anywhere else.
- Using emotion words selectively to mirror your reader is essential.
- There’s a lot of focus on your email subject line when it comes to low open rates, but what about how you’ve conditioned your reader with their past experience with your brand or website?
- The number one (#1) reason I find behind low open rates revolves around copywriting. And the good news with copywriting is, you can fix it. Easily. But you have to know what to write. Luckily, you’re in a good place where you’ll find a lot of copywriting and storytelling ideas. [Hint – start by looking in the Email Marketing Resource Library].
But you crave more information about what to write, and how to fix it, right? So this is where I tell you to go and invest in your copy of The Story Your Email List Tells, because I know it’s going to help. Plus, I give you some realistic metrics you should be able to attain.
Oh – and screw the “industry standard” for normal open rates. Why? Because if you have 70-80% of your email list not opening up your emails, you’re not effectively connecting with your audience. And why would you want to keep people on your list that never want to read what you have to say?
Can you tell I’m a big fan of email list cleanup? Hekkin’ right, I am! Download the eBook, thank me later, and definitely reach out if you think you need my personalized help.
This is a 160+ page interactive guidebook that walks you through specific email list challenges and provides 10 solutions/activities to work on for each situation. Plus, you’ll learn metrics you can work on and what to look for, how to encourage more sales from those lurking & downloading, but never buying, and how to set up workflows that combat inactivity, low open rates, download dashers, and more. And finally, you’ll learn an easy to implement system to get your funnels organized, and create a smooth transition from one to the next.
10 challenges with tactical & strategic solutions for the creative email list marketer. A 100+ page interactive guidebook to help guide you through 10 different email list challenges, including:
- Not enough subscribers (list isn’t big enough – I need list-building help)
- List never grows and shrinks with every email (list growth doesn’t outweigh unsubscribe rate)
- Unsubscribe right after freebie (download and dashers)
- Downloads all freebies and resources but never buys (lurking but never investing)
- No sales from emails (no one is buying)
- Low open rate (are my emails boring or lack value?)
- Low email to blog rate in nurturing sequence (no one reads all my helpful tips and added value content)
- My email sequences are all out of whack and unorganized
- I’m not telling any stories in my emails (not relating to my audience)
- I’m not selling unless I’m emailing (need help with nurturing and nudging)
Inside you’ll receive activities, tactical solutions, and a larger strategy to make your email list building and management effective and easy.
- What the problem seems to be (the cliche response) versus what the problem actually is
- Tactical steps to improve each scenario
- Strategies to implement that will align your brand with a bigger picture result
- Metrics to shoot for at various stages (beginner, advanced, intermediate)
- Goals (both long- and short-term) to work on each month
- My own story with each challenge and what I did to correct them (a behind-the-scenes look at my funnels, stats, and more)
- Workflows to set up to conquer download dashers and set up rewards-based system to give favor to your most loyal readers
- What to check in diagnosing any of these challenges
- How to test and measure results
- Quick fixes (for the short-term results) and long-term solutions (for achieving those big dreams of yours)
- Other thoughts and suggestions I’ve given clients I’ve worked with and implemented myself that have been helpful
Ready to finally solve your email list growth challenges once and for all? Download the guidebook today!